Like the rest of the world, I was so sad to hear about Betty White’s passing. I grew up watching her in shows and movies and she effervesced with humor, sharp wit and kindness. She also wrote several books and even received a Guinness World Record in 2014 for Longest TV Career for an Entertainer.
I’ve been googling her funniest and best quotes today and thought it would be fun to share my favorites in honor of her.
These are all so good and make me wish I could have been in the same room with her at least once. RIP Betty White!
21 Best Betty White Quotes:
1.People have told me that Facebook is a great way to keep in touch with old friends. At my age, if I wanted to keep in touch with old friends, I’d need a ouija board.”
2. When Johnny Carson asked Betty White on his show what she does in her free time, she replied, “Ummm, well, vodka is a hobby.”
3. She had a long-standing crush on Robert Redford. She once said: “My answer to, ‘What have you not done in the business that you’ve always wanted to do?’ is ‘Robert Redford’.”
4. In a quote to USA Today about the success of the Golden Girls, she said, “One of the reasons ‘The Golden Girls’ works is that little kids love it. They don’t have grandmothers at home anymore. Here’s Grandma being funny. Here’s Grandma being silly. Grandma didn’t fall off the Earth when she turned 50. Grandma is a viable human being, and if the rest of the world can find that, kids can find that, too.”
5. About relationships she said, “I’ve always liked older men. They’re just more attractive to me. Of course, at my age, there aren’t that many left!”
6. When asked about her age, she once said, “I’m a teenager trapped in an old body.” Same, Betty, same.
7. When asked why she isn’t on Facebook, she responded, “Facebook just sounds like a drag. In my day, seeing pictures of people’s vacations was considered a punishment.”
8. About her habits, she said, “Get at least 8 hours of beauty sleep. 9 if you’re ugly.”
9. About age, she said, “I may be a senior, but so what, I’m still hot.” May we all have your enthusiasm as we age, Betty.
10. “You know what they say: you can lead a herring to water, but you have to walk really fast or he’ll die.”
11. Her dating advice was hilarious. She once said, “If the guy is hot, you’ve got to tap that booty.”
12. “Oh, I don’t need sleep. I just went to my hotel room and had a cold hot dog and a vodka on the rocks.”
13. “Butterflies are like women. We may look pretty and delicate, but baby, we can fly through a hurricane.”
14. “Does desire melt away with age? I’m waiting for that day to come.”
15. “Laughter keeps everyone feeling wonderful.”
16. “My mother always used to say, ‘The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana.'”
17. “I’m not what you might call sexy, but I’m romantic. Let’s put it that way.”
18. “Retirement is not in my vocabulary. They’re not going to get rid of me that way.”
19. “We didn’t have Facebook in my day. We had a phone book, but you didn’t waste an afternoon on it.”
20. “Why do people say, ‘Grow some balls’? Balls are weak and sensitive.
If you really wanna get tough, grow a vagina. Those things really take a pounding!”
21. “I have a two-story house and a bad memory, so I’m up and down those stairs all the time. That’s my exercise.”
I had so much fun reading all the great quotes and seeing clips of her in different shows over the years, like this one:
If you have a favorite Betty White quote I skipped, share it in the comments below!