Swivel bar and counter stools are a great way to add functionality to your space. The ability to turn and face other directions is going to mean less movement of the base of the chair. If you push your counter stools back in 100 times a day like I do, then this is a particularly attractive feature.
However, be cautious when choosing these for houses with small children. They do add an additional safety component to consider, which is why I haven’t gotten swivel counter stools yet. Now that my kids are getting older, heavier, and more sturdier, I think we could safely incorporate swivel counter stools and I am super excited about these options.
So, if you’re in the market for the perfect swivel stool, take a look at these gorgeous picks! Just be sure to measure for your space, both in height and width before ordering.
12 Chic Swivel Counter Stools:
The difference between bar and counter stools is just the height from base to seat. Most stools are offered in both bar and counter height. Most kitchen islands are going to be counter height, even though it might seem higher, so definitely measure to be sure.
1. Parker White Leather Counter Stool – Also available in a chic black, this counter stool has it all, with a gorgeous white leather seat and back and walnut wood legs with a gold finish. This stool will be comfortable, easy to clean, and swivel smoothly!
2. Boulder Leather Swivel Counter Stool – A fun take on mid-century modern, this comfy leather swivel stool will be super easy for older kids to use and the full back will make it comfortable for all users.
3. Radcliffe Swivel Counter Stool – Available in 4 soft, muted colors, this gorgeous counter stool pays great attention to detail, from the smooth, reclaimed wood finish to the bronze kickplate.
4. Paige Swivel Gray Stripe Stool – Big fan of this soft gray stripe upholstery and the way it compliments the tone of the wood legs and chic gold kickplate. All around gorgeous.
5. Zora Swivel Counter Stool – This glamorous swivel counter stool is going to add a dash of panache to your space. Available in this gray which compliments the gold detail so well, or pick it up in black or blue.
6. Amalia Backless Upholstered Swivel Counter Stool – Want your stools to tuck neatly under a counter? This is a great choice for an affordable price. However, be careful with kids around. I’ve seen kids spin right off the backs of stools like this.
7. Kinston Swivel Counter Stool – Would you believe me if I told you this chic stool is under $150 and sold at Target? It looks so much more expensive. Plus, you can choose from 3 colors, this linen gray, a cream, or a brown. The curved sides and full back are also going to make this much cozier and safer for kids.
8. Timo Swivel Counter Stool – Holy moly, just $110 each and so good! The creamy white is out of stock, but hopefully comes back, because you will love it!
9. Seagrass Bucket Swivel Stool – This is a stunner. The seagrass bucket seat is a great take on the coastal, rattan style and the incredibly durable legs are real wood. Made to last, this is an investment piece that you’ll love for many years to come.
10. Costa Upholstered Swivel Stool – Hold on, this one is going to stop you in your tracks. The mix of materials from the upholstered boucle back to the leather seat is so good. But, if boucle isn’t your thing, you can also get the back in two different neutral gray upholstery options. I absolutely love these and they would last for a really long time.
11. Gage Swivel Counter Stool – Oh boy, this one is good. So, so good. A leather bucket seat swivels on a modern black iron base. The leather is available in 6 colors, including this one called cashmere. Currently on sale for almost half off. Run!
12. Whitney Two-Tone Swivel Stool – Score this contemporary counter stool with two tone leather and wood detailing. From the front, clean white leather adorns the chair, but from the back, beautiful wood detailing frames it out. The rounded base also takes up less real estate than some of the other four-legged designs .
How To Save Money On Home Decor:
No doubt about it, decorating a home is expensive, especially if you’re looking to invest in pieces that will last, so you’re not constantly replacing things. As my kids get older, I am absolutely thinking about buying furniture and home decor that I don’t have to continually update. Either way, you can save money on things you’re already buying by using Rakuten. I use it on every purchase that I can and I was able to get back over $500 last year alone. Amazing.
Here’s a screenshot of the payment I have coming soon:
So, if you’re interested in getting super coupons and cashback on purchases you are already making, sign up for Rakuten here.
More Home Decor Finds:
Still shopping for the perfect stools? I have a lot more round-ups you. might like!
- 10 easy to clean counter stools with backs for families!
- 9 chic leather bar and counter stools
- 12 gorgeous coastal counter stools
I hope you find the perfect item for your home. If you did, tag me @ispyfabulous so I can see what you picked!
Have a fabulous day,