I called it. Back when quarantine started, I told a friend to get ready for a big rush of quarantine babies. Of course, I could never have guessed how long this whole thing would have gone on (could any of us?), but still, baby announcements are popping up everywhere and I am loving it. I love babies and am always down to help my peeps name their newborns.
So, in honor of this huge rush of brand new little nuggets, I thought it was time for a new baby name post. If you’ve been around the blog for awhile, you know that there’s a great collection of baby name posts here, from vintage baby girl names to gender neutral baby names, and everything in between.
Preggo? There are a ton of free pregnancy and newborn resources on the blog, so make sure to stick around until the end, so you can snag those links.
The Importance of Kindness:
I think it’s so important to teach our kids the importance of accepting others and being kind to everyone.
During my years as a teacher, I learned so much about my students’ lives outside the classroom and it was humbling, to say the least, to learn about the struggles of so many. We don’t walk around with these things stamped on our forehead, but we do carry them with us. That means we all have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others – even if just with random acts of kindness and offering grace to others.
Moments of kindness have real staying power, too. I can recall a few stories, right off the top of my head, of times in my life when I received unexpected acts of kindness from another person. These are the experiences that restore our faith in humanity and give us the strength to keep going – or at least feel less alone.
Imagine how different things could be if we all took the business of being kind super seriously. I love the quote from the Dalai Lama, “My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.”
Baby Girl Names That Mean Kind:
Today, we are going to focus on baby girl names that mean “kind”. I think kind is the new cool – and picking a name for your little one that embraces the importance of being kind might be just the right choice for you and your growing family.
Let’s take a look at the list and see if your new favorite baby name is here:
- Adalie – Means “kind or kind-hearted person
- Adalina – Means “of a noble kind”
- Adalira – Means “kind person”
- Adeline – Means “kind-hearted person”
- Adella – Means “the brightness of kindness”
- Adalyn – Means “noble and kind”
- Agatha – Means “kind- hearted woman”
- Ailia – Means “light”
- Alessia – Means “helper of mankind”
- Alise – Means “of the noble kind”
- Anisa – Means “good natured; friend”
- Anya – Means “kind and warmly courteous”
- Aryan – Means “kind-hearted”
- Calia – Means “good or beautiful person”
- Caris – Means “grace and kindness”
- Caron – Means “loving, kindhearted and “charitable”
- Dalia – Means “gentle”
- Damara – Means “gentle girl”
- Ellis – Means “benevolent”
- Hiroko – Means “generous”
- Jin – Means “gentleness”
- Latifa – Means “kind and gentle”
- Layan – Means “soft and gentle”
- Mona – Means “noble and good”
- Tova – Means “good, pleasing”
- Winnie – Means “peacemaking; gentle friend”
- Yoko – Means “good girl”
- Zuri – Means “good; beautiful”
I’m such a fan of Alessia and Calia! What beautiful names with good and kind meanings.
It’s not just girl names, either. I have the boy names that mean kind coming up soon. If you’re looking for more baby name inspo – check out this post with a free baby name tracker and links to tons of my baby name posts!
Also, if you’re preggo – I got you booboo. There’s a ton of free content you will love:
- Free Hospital Bag Checklist!
- 25 Must-Have Baby Essentials for your Registry!
- Books, Videos & Registry Info to Help You Prepare for Baby
- 10 Innovative Baby Products You’ll Love
What’s your favorite baby name? I’d love to know! Share it in the comments below!
Have a fabulous day,