Vintage is big, baby. From vintage home decor to classic and chic girl names everybody loves.
Some things just never go out of style.
So, if you love vintage style as much as I do, these vintage names for girls will make you smile.
Whether you want a vintage girl name because it’s timeless and elegant, or because it’s a tribute to a person that you admire, this curated list of only the most gorgeous vintage names will be perfect for your glam little arrival.
The Best Vintage Girl Names:
- Adele – So chic.
- Alexandra – Have a very special Alexandra in my life.
- Alice – Love that I am seeing this come back.
- Amelia – Earhart. Yes.
- Arabella – Almost picked this for my daughter!
- Audrey – Hepburn. Enough said.
- Ava – Very popular right now.
- Camilla – So cute
- Cassandra – Always loved this one
- Charlotte – Charlie is SO cute
- Clara – A personal favorite
- Cora – Adore.
- Dahlia – Beautiful
- Daisy – So sweet
- Delilah – A name I am hearing more and more!
- Demi – Very hip, reminds me of the girl on “The Bachelor”
- Dorothea – Thea is such a cute nickname!
- Eleanor – Call her Ellie!
- Elise – Love this one.
- Ella – Hear this one a lot!
- Emily – A classic
- Emma – Came back in a major way
- Emmeline – Love this, call her Emmie.
- Estelle – Am I the only one that thinks of the show, “Friends”?
- Etta – A great name
- Evelyn – My grandmother’s name
- Faith – I’ve loved every Faith I’ve ever known.
- Faye – A very popular blogging couple named their daughter this
- Flora – Great name
- Frankie – I love Francesca and this as a nickname.
- Freya – This made the top 100 and some top 20 lists for 2019!
- Grace – I loooove Grace and the nn Gracie.
- Hattie – We need more Hatties. Also featured on my list of badass girl names!
- Helen – Such a great name.
- Helena – A favorite student of mine had this name.
- Hope – We do not hear this enough
- Isabella – Call her Izzy. An all-time favorite.
- Jane – Love this since falling in love with the show “Jane the Virgin”
- Juliet – Yes.
- Leila – Another beautiful name.
- Leonora – So pretty; why aren’t there more Leonoras?
- Lillian – A chic and less popular version of Lilliana. Love this one.
- Lola – Her name is Lola….
- Louisa – Means “famous warrior”. I like.
- Lucy – Means light. Every Lucy is a ray of sunshine.
- Lydia – This one is having a moment as well.
- Mae – I love this for a middle name.
- Maisie – Just adorable!
- Marcella – Gorgeous!
- Margo – Very retro!
- Mariah – Can’t go wrong with this one.
- Martha – Marthas are always awesome.
- Minnie – Sweet name.
- Nicola – Cute, less popular version of Nicole
- Nora – Ahhhh…. so much love for this one. I prefer it spelled Norah.
- Olivia – Liv is a great nn.
- Olympia – Thanks to Serena Williams for reminding us about this one.
- Ophelia – Not heard enough
- Penelope – When I was preggo, I had a dream that I was having a girl and she was a toddler. I asked her what her name was and she said, “Penelope!” I almost named her that because of that dream.
- Rose – Sister for Dahlia.
- Ruby – Gemstone names are such classics.
- Sadie – Another girl name I just love. Also on my list of girl names fit for a queen!
- Seraphina – Sera for short.
- Serena – Serena is a bada** name.
- Sophia – Confession: I think Sophie is one of the cutest names EVER.
- Stella – Yes.
- Tabitha – Great name.
- Tatiana – So good.
- Tessa – After I had my daughter, I met a lady in a gas station with a new baby named Tessa. I almost changed my daughter’s name I loved it so much.
- Thea – Fantastic Greek name for girls, means “goddess”.
- Vanessa – Gorgeous.
- Victoria – Tori is great.
- Violet – I prefer the spelling Violette.
- Zara – A stunning name for a strong girl.
Want More Baby Names?
I love talking about baby names! After writing a bunch of baby name posts, I decided to write a baby name ebook! With thousands of names by style and origin, plus it has over 10 baby name lists NOT on the blog. There’s also lots of freebies, like a baby name list tracker, a hospital bag checklist, the best baby books, the best movies to watch while pregnant, and much more!!
Grab it on Amazon or click below – for less than the price of two coffees!
What do you think of these names? Would you ever choose a vintage name for your daughter?
While I do think that some old names are best left in the history books (I’m looking at you Bertha!), there are so many that span the decades, remaining as radiant as ever.
If you love girl names, don’t miss the other girl name posts on the blog and track your favorite using the free baby name list printable.
- 163 Chic French Girl Names for your Mademoiselle
- 86 Gorgeous Italian Girl Names for your Little Beauty
- 81 Irresistible Flower Girl Names
- 60 Modern & Meaningful Indian Girl Names
- 96 Most Beautiful Russian Girl Names
- 189 Special Spanish Names for your Beautiful Bebita!
Have a fabulous day,