Vintage is big, baby. From vintage home decor to classic and chic girl names everybody loves. Some things just never go out of style.
Whether you want a vintage girl name because it’s timeless and elegant, or because it’s a tribute to a person that you admire, this curated list of only the most gorgeous vintage names will be perfect for your glam little arrival.
So, if you love vintage style as much as I do, these vintage names for girls will make you smile. Oh, and if it’s a boy name you need- make sure to check out the companion post with 85 vintage boy names that never go out of style!
The Best Vintage Girl Names:
- Adele – So chic. Also on my list 190 old-fashioned girl names!
- Alexandra – Have a very special Alexandra in my life.
- Alice – Love that I am seeing this come back.
- Amelia – Earhart. Yes.
- Arabella – Almost picked this for my daughter!
- Audrey – Hepburn. Enough said.
- Ava – Very popular right now.
- Belle – Love one-syllable names. For 153 one-syllable girl names, read this post next.
- Camilla – So cute
- Cassandra – Always loved this one
- Charlotte – Charlie is SO cute
- Clara – A personal favorite
- Cora – Adore.
- Dahlia – Beautiful
- Daisy – So sweet
- Delilah – A name I am hearing more and more!
- Demi – Very hip, reminds me of the girl on “The Bachelor”
- Dorothea – Thea is such a cute nickname!
- Eleanor – Call her Ellie!
- Elise – Love this one.
- Ella – Hear this one a lot!
- Emily – A classic
- Emma – Came back in a major way
- Emmeline – Love this, call her Emmie.
- Estelle – Am I the only one that thinks of the show, “Friends”?
- Etta – A great name
- Evelyn – My grandmother’s name
- Faith – I’ve loved every Faith I’ve ever known.
- Faye – A very popular blogging couple named their daughter this
- Flora – Great name
- Frankie – I love Francesca and this as a nickname.
- Freya – This made the top 100 and some top 20 lists for 2019!
- Grace – I loooove Grace and the nn Gracie.
- Hattie – We need more Hatties. Also featured on my list of badass girl names!
- Helen – Such a great name.
- Helena – A favorite student of mine had this name.
- Hope – We do not hear this enough
- Isabella – Call her Izzy. An all-time favorite.
- Jane – Love this since falling in love with the show “Jane the Virgin”
- Juliet – Yes.
- Leila – Another beautiful name.
- Leonora – So pretty; why aren’t there more Leonoras?
- Lillian – A chic and less popular version of Lilliana. Love this one.
- Lola – Her name is Lola….
- Louisa – Means “famous warrior”. I like.
- Lucy – Means light. Every Lucy is a ray of sunshine.
- Lydia – This one is having a moment as well.
- Mae – I love this for a middle name.
- Maisie – Just adorable!
- Marcella – Gorgeous!
- Margo – Very retro!
- Mariah – Can’t go wrong with this one.
- Martha – Marthas are always awesome.
- Minnie – Sweet name.
- Nicola – Cute, less popular version of Nicole
- Nora – Ahhhh…. so much love for this one. I prefer it spelled Norah.
- Olivia – Liv is a great nn.
- Olympia – Thanks to Serena Williams for reminding us about this one.
- Ophelia – Not heard enough
- Penelope – When I was preggo, I had a dream that I was having a girl and she was a toddler. I asked her what her name was and she said, “Penelope!” I almost named her that because of that dream.
- Rose – Sister for Dahlia.
- Ruby – Gemstone names are such classics.
- Sadie – Another girl name I just love. Also on my list of girl names fit for a queen!
- Seraphina – Sera for short.
- Serena – Serena is a bada** name.
- Sophia – Confession: I think Sophie is one of the cutest names EVER.
- Stella – Yes.
- Tabitha – Great name.
- Tatiana – So good.
- Tessa – After I had my daughter, I met a lady in a gas station with a new baby named Tessa. I almost changed my daughter’s name I loved it so much.
- Thea – Fantastic Greek name for girls, means “goddess”.
- Valentina – Every Valentina I have met has been fabulous. Great name.
- Vanessa – Gorgeous.
- Victoria – Tori is great.
- Violet – I prefer the spelling Violette.
- Zara – A stunning name for a strong girl.
More Beautiful Girl Names:
What do you think of these names? Would you ever choose a vintage name for your daughter? You might also really love my post with elegant and chic girl names – they are the most similar to these ones!
While I do think that some old names are best left in the history books (I’m looking at you Bertha!), there are so many that span the decades, remaining as radiant as ever.
If you love girl names, don’t miss the other girl name posts on the blog and track your favorite using the free baby name list printable.
- 163 Chic French Girl Names for your Mademoiselle
- 86 Gorgeous Italian Girl Names for your Little Beauty
- 81 Irresistible Flower Girl Names
- 60 Modern & Meaningful Indian Girl Names
- 96 Most Beautiful Russian Girl Names
- 189 Special Spanish Names for your Beautiful Bebita!
Have a fabulous day,
My 9 uear old is Stella mae, after my great grandmother
I love the name Stella! Such a beautiful name – so timeless and classic, but you don’t hear it all the time. Great choice!
I have an Amelia and Norah!! I loved Nora but preferred it with the H on the end. People are already spelling her name wrong when they write it down 🥴 I of course knew this was a possibility…hopefully she doesn’t hate me for it later on 😄 I’m now trying to decide on names for twin girls we are expecting. We have decided on Lydia but can’t find one we can both agree on to go with it. I love Freya but he doesn’t 😢
I love ALL these names – I totally agree that Norah looks better than Nora. I feel the same way about Carah and Farrah (two more names I love). I love the H! Lydia is a cool name that is making a comeback! Freya is really topping the charts right now, but I’ve never seen it there before – so it could just be trending. Another name I’ve been seeing is Aviana, which I really love, too, and Cyra – which is gorgeous. I’d love to know what name you decide on!
I love Pippa, too!
I love Layla, but you might think they’re too much like Lydia. They do sound good together though .
I am due with our first in September, and we will be naming her Cynthia Emogene. Cece for short. I really love it! I feel like it has kind of a southern belle tone to it. Hubby isn’t a fan, but that’s why we came up with Cece for a nickname, which I also love. I’m sure people will always mistake her for a Cecilia, but life goes on lol.
That is SO cute! I love it!
My daughter’s name is Molli Elisabeth. If we ever have anymore my husband loves Anastasia and my grandmother’s name was Josephine. I love Anastasia Jo.
I love Molli! Such a sweet name. Anastasia Jo is another really beautiful name. Great choices! Thanks for sharing 🙂
why don’t you have any K names? i’ve been searching for some and i can’t find any. it’s like people think K isn’t a letter
That’s an interesting perspective! Maybe I’ll do just a K name post to see how many I can round up 🙂
Our sweet perfect baby girl was named Hattie Dale. She lived 22 days on our side of earth before going to Heaven to wait for us. Your note next to Hattie made my eyes swell and my heart melt. Our world does need more Hattie’s. They are strong and move mountains.
Ahhh, this broke my heart. I am so sorry for your loss. Hattie Dale is the most perfect name and a beautiful way to remember your sweet little girl. Best wishes to you.
Heartfelt condolences to you and your family. So sad.