Short girl names have a crisp, cool sophistication.
There’s just something very memorable and confident about a short first name.
I’ve known people who only named their kids single syllable names so that they didn’t end up with nicknames or because they had a really long last name.
Others just loved the look and sound of monosyllabic names like Gwen, Jade and Elle.
If you love shorter names, but are concerned about how they pair with middle name, just consider cadence when selecting a pair. Shorter names usually sound better with a middle name that is at least two syllables, such as, “Jade Nicole” as opposed to “Jade Elle”.
Whatever draws you to a single syllable name, I wanted to curate the best list of short names for girls for you to choose from.
Best Short Girl Names:
Strong Single Syllable Girl Names:
Classic Single Syllable Girl Names:
Unique Single Syllable Girl Names:
Having a baby girl? Here are some of my favorite girl things! (affiliate links used):
Do you love short girl names? I think so many of these are so fun! You can also read the short, single syllable boy names post for even more ideas!
If you love baby names as much as I do, check out these other girl name posts:
- 120 Vintage Girl Names for your Little Miss!
- 33 Badass Girl Names Fit for a Queen!
- 88 Smart & Sassy Girl Names That Start with S!
- 163 Chic French Girl Names for your Mademoiselle
- 86 Gorgeous Italian Girl Names for your Little Beauty
- 81 Irresistible Flower Girl Names
- 65 Beautiful Girl Names That Start with B!
Have a fabulous day,