I recently shared the good news: we just got a new puppy! He’s the most adorable, precocious little guy and we have been loving having him around. But, when we went to meet his litter, we thought we were going to be bringing home a cute girl dog we had loved from the pictures. So, we spent all of our time brainstorming cute girl dog names instead!
I thought it would be fun to share all of the names we thought about when we were looking for the perfect cute girl dog name. After all, choosing a puppy name is a big deal! You’ll be saying their name a lot (especially in the beginning), so you want something that you won’t get sick of and you’ll still love ten years from now.
If you’re creating a list of your faves – make sure to head to this post and download the free dog name tracker!
Ready for the cutest girl dog names ever? Let’s go!
How To Choose a Cute Dog Name:
When thinking about dog names, here a couple of fun tips to consider:
1. Shorter is better – Some say that 3 syllables or less is idea for a dog. Of course, you’re welcome to give them a nice long, distinguished name, like Lady Cerulean Larkspur Winslet, with the intent that you’ll usually just call her Lady, but if you really did want to rattle off that whole name every time – expect training to be extra difficult for both of you.
2. Avoid family names – It’s a cute idea to name your furbaby after your new niece, Bella, but it can cause some confusion. Dogs won’t be able to distinguish when you’re referring to them or not – and neither can small children.
3. Avoid commands – You don’t want a dog name that is similar to a command you’ll be using regularly or even a name that rhymes with a command such as Mo – which sounds like “no”.
5. Take some time – Oftentimes, your puppies unique personality, quirks and looks will inspire the perfect name.
The Cutest Girl Dog Names:
- Luna – very popular!
Cute Girl Dog Names Inspired By Food:
Cute Girl Dog Names Inspired By Nature:
Cute Girl Dog Names Inspired By Pop Culture:
Cute Girl Dog Names Inspired By Region:
PREPARING FOR YOUR NEW PUPPY:
Getting a new puppy definitely has a learning curve – even if it’s not your first time! We are stocking up on puppy essentials, since we got rid of a lot of them over the years.
I’m working on a post on our new puppy recommendations and I’ll update this post with it soon. I know that this soft dog carrier will be on it – I love it and it’s how we’ll bring puppy home! Plus, this nice puppy exercise pen won’t scratch the floors, isn’t an eye-sore, and will be a great place for puppy to hang out (we don’t use crates).
MORE PET NAME POSTS:
- 230 Creative Boy Dog Names
- 101 Popular Girl Dog Names
- 120 Purrfect girl cat names
- 118 Funny Dog Names That Will Make You Laugh
Have a fabulous day!