Sideboards and consoles are one of the most versatile pieces of furniture. I have a couple of them in my own home and we use them all the time. They can function as extra storage for seasonal pieces, to store additional dishes, to organize games and toys, and even to be used for a media console.
The difference between a buffet, sideboard and console is just going to be the size and height of the piece. Media consoles are often designed to be shorter, but even that is not always the case. Some media consoles will have cutouts in the back to help organize cords, which I appreciate, but even that is not a guarantee. So, the fact is: these pieces are going to be interchangeable depending on the size that you need for your space. Make sure to measure for what you need and then find one that fits what you’re looking for. If you do want cord cutouts, look for that in the description before purchasing.
8 Best Sideboard Consoles from $250 and Up!
2. Arhaus Finnley Sideboard – Gorgeous piece. White marble top is beautiful, but you can choose between 4 base colors and 3 top finishes.
4. Boro Star Sideboard – A truly unique piece, like usable art.
5. Isla Buffet – The detailing on this one is so beautiful and the taupe-y color really makes it stand out.
6. Suspend Modern Walnut & Marble Console – One of my all-time favorites. I’ve wanted this piece for years.
7. Ida Woven Media Console – Rattan is all the rage right now. Get this in white or black and two different sizes.
8. Amira Vintage Walnut Console – A gorgeous piece from World Market for under $800!
*Affiliate links are used here, which means at no cost to you, I may receive a commission if you make a purchase through my links. Thank you!
More Home Decor Round-Ups:
Still searching for that perfect piece? There are tons of home decor round-ups on the blog. Here are just some of the most popular ones to get you inspired:
- 8 gorgeous storage cabinets you won’t believe are from Target
- 9 best finds from the Gap Home x Walmart collection
- 10 chic luggage racks for a swanky guest room
- 12 chic coastal counter stools from $118 and up!
- 9 best black wood dining chairs
- Lulu & Georgia Kate Rug lookalike
- 5 West Elm Rug Dupes
- 5 Caitlin Wilson rug copycats that’ll make you do a double take
HOW TO SAVE MORE MONEY ON HOME DECOR:
No doubt about it: decorating a home is expensive. One way I save money on almost every purchase I make is by using Rakuten. I’ve gotten over $500 cash back in just the last year on purchases I was going to make anyway. So, don’t forget to use Rakuten if you’re making purchases online. They also run deals for new referrals where you can get $30 cash back after making your first purchase of $30 or more, so you can save even more if you’re new to using them. Sign up here.
I hope you found what you’re looking for at the price you wanted to spend.
Have a fabulous day,